After a hospital stay, accident, or critical illness, unexpected expenses not covered by major medical insurance can pile up fast. So whether you've been laid up or are tending the needs of a sick or injured spouse or child, our plans pay cash benefits directly to you (unless otherwise assigned) so your wallet doesn't need time to heal.
When you or a covered family member has an accident, critical illness, or hospital stay, our plans help pay new expenses that come up, as well as old ones that never go away.
- Travel expenses to and from special treatment centers
- Food and lodging while receiving care away from home
- House, rent, utilities, or auto payments
- Lost income, resulting in a double whammy if the healthy spouse has to leave work to care for the recuperating one
- Child care
- Extra household help
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Our plans pay cash benefits you can use to help pay expenses that may not be fully covered by your major medical insurance.
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Out-of-network providers